Volunteer Support Officer
ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through the coordination of supports, Befriending services, volunteer activation, housing with support and the application of knowledge and technology. We have more than 700 volunteers and over 100 homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
You will Recruit, train and engage with our Befriending Volunteers, ensuring they are supported in their Volunteering role. The goal is to continuously enhance our services and to reach a greater number of older people across Ireland. The first 2 months will be spent at our Head Office in Dublin 8, to receive induction and necessary training from our Services & HR Departments
- Promote ALONE’s Befriending Services throughout the community.
- Deliver ALONE’s recruitment and training programmes and process all reference and Garda Vetting checks for volunteers.
- Work with ALONE’s Service Staff to ensure that all newly trained and vetted volunteers begin befriending visits within the specified timeframe.
- Maintain good communications with volunteers, ensuring that feedback and training needs are collated and responded to in partnership with the local team and ALONE’s Head office departments
- Support volunteers to work safely and to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with older people.
- Be the first point of contact for volunteers when issues arise.
- Develop and implement programmes that promote the continuous improvement and engagement of volunteers.
- Develop local volunteer leadership programme and collaborate with Volunteer Leaders to coordinate and deliver social events in your region.
- Cultivate a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognising Volunteer efforts.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks.
Skills and Background
- Previous experience working with volunteer engagement, older peoples’ services, or in social care is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good organisational skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Proficient in an IT Systems, project management and report development
- An understanding and appreciation of the principles and approaches to community activation.
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence. Work confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach. Our core values are Partnership, Innovation, Dignity and Respect for the Individual, Transparency, Companionship and Non-Judgemental.
The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding. We work a minimum 35 hour work-week in a good environment. The starting salary is €28,000 per year. We are recruiting 3 Volunteer Support Officers currently; these positions will be in CHO 6/7, CHO 8 and CHO 9. Some evening and weekend work will be necessary to deliver some training and engagement programmes. These terms are subject to change. Please send a letter of motivation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please indicate which geographical area/s you are applying for. The positions remain open until filled. ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.