Quality and Compliance Officer
We currently have the following vacancy for Quality and Compliance Officer. As the Quality and Compliance Officer, you will hold responsibility for overseeing quality standards and audits, data protection, document management, incident reporting, and statistics. The Quality Officer will lead the operation of the organisational Quality Management System, monitoring compliance, and reporting on performance against relevant internal and external quality standards. The successful candidate will support the organisation to meet all its quality and compliance requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop methods of building organisational capacity to support the operation of an effective Quality Management System, ensuring all required documentation is in place, reviewed and up-dated as required.
- Promote the consistent delivery and improvement of ALONE’s services through the quality management system.
- Promote a culture of compliance with internal processes, policies, manuals and procedures in line with quality standards. Collaborate with all departments to ensure compliance, transparency and good governance.
- Lead the transition to ISO 9001:2015 ensuring the involvement of the staff/teams to achieve the Standard, and act as point of contact with external assessment bodies on all matters related to the accreditation process.
- Develop and manage processes to ensure ALONE meets its regulatory requirements, including Charity regulation, ICTR and Governance Codes and work with all departments to meet GDPR data protection requirements.
- Support the Leadership team, HR and ALONE’s board to meet high standards of compliance and good governance across the organisation.
- Lead internal audit activities, including report writing, dissemination of results and follow-up to ensure understanding and implementation of recommendations.
- Oversee and manage complaints, corrective actions, feedback and surveys.
- Provide training and share knowledge in quality, compliance, regulation within ALONE and with our partners.
Skills & Competencies
The successful candidate will have 2 years’ experience of monitoring quality management systems/quality standards/compliance and an understanding of regulation and compliance within the not for profit sector. You will have a working knowledge of data protection (GDPR) as it relates to the sector. Experience with ISO9001 quality standards would be very beneficial.
We want someone with an ability to negotiate and manage change with multiple stakeholders. You should be able to demonstrate a high level of organisational and multitasking skills, excellent written and verbal communications, a flexible and approachable attitude and a willingness to lead and learn You should hold a degree qualification or higher in a discipline such as Business, Information Management or Administration
This is a fulltime position (35 hours Monday – Friday), 9am to 5pm, 1 year fixed term contract. The place of work is ALONE Head Office, Olympic House, Pleasants St, Dublin 8. The Quality Officer will report to the Manager responsible for IT, Quality & Impact.
You will receive a comprehensive induction and training on starting and will be supported by colleagues and the management team at ALONE. You will experience working in a fast paced diverse environment, and be provided with progression opportunities.
The salary range for this role is €30,000 – €35,000 per annum, depending on experience
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications in writing by email to include CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than 31st August 2018
Technology Engagement Officer
The ALONE BConnect Team combines technology and social care to transform the lives of older people. The Technology Engagement Officer has responsibility for the configuration, set up and ongoing support of ALONE BHome Assistive Technology and BWell application in the homes of older people. You’ll have responsibility for researching, sourcing and testing new devices to help people to live more independently. As the need arises, you will be involved in internal technical support supporting colleagues with IT queries. The role is integral to the BConnect team to meet the goals and objectives of BConnect.
BHome & BWell Setup, Configuration, Installation, Training and Support
- Liaising with suppliers around device purchase and delivery and creating an inventory of devices.
- Set up and pair devices with required systems and suppliers pre-installation.
- Work with the Support Services team to identify suitable older people that would benefit from BHome and BWell.
- Partner with the Support Services team to assess the person’s needs for technology.
- Liaise with the older person and their support group to obtain informed consent for the installation.
- Coordinate the installation of BHome and BWell in peoples’ homes ensuring the older person is comfortable.
- Train older people in the use of the technology and support them post-installation.
- Maintain devices such as updating tablets, replacing batteries sensors if needed.
BHome & BWell Research and Testing:
- Research suitable assistive technology devices that could support people to live at home for longer.
- Work with our Support Services team and carry out data analysis of our CRM System to determine the needs of older people, ensuring ALONE has technology solutions available for older people.
Internal Tech Support
- You will be required to support internal tech queries about hardware and software issues as they arise. These will be managed through our internal tech support system.
- Carry out other details as they arise.
If you are committed to supporting older people and have an interest in technology, we would like to hear from you. The role requires compassion, patience, excellent communication skills and a good understanding of how technology can assist us in our lives. A background in technology and social care is desirable but not essential.
Please send your CV and cover letter to us at email@example.com. The role is full-time for at least 35 hours per week. The salary range is 28,000 to 33,000. We provide a pension contribution after 2 years. The role is located at our offices on Pleasant’s Street, Dublin 8 and some travel will be required. The role reports to the Project Manager; Technology Platform, Partner Training and Support.
ALONE are a national organisation who support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through the coordination of supports, volunteer activation, housing with support and the application of knowledge and technology. We have more than 1000 volunteers and 100 plus homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We provide scalable, transferable, effective services that can be purchased, replicated or shared. ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer.