IT Support Officer
ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people. We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long term solutions.
ALONE provide Support and Befriending, Coordinated Support, Age-friendly Housing, and BConnect technology and community services. We use individualized support plans and provide one point of contact for older people to access health, social care, housing and other services to improve physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. ALONE enables outcomes including improved quality of life, community activation, and implementation of national strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced person to make a significant contribution to the achievement of ALONE’s vision and strategic goals. The main purpose of the role will be to support over 60 staff in 6 offices around Ireland & provide technical expertise to oversee and maintain ALONES IT systems and provide feasible solutions to the underlying business requirements that need to be addressed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing the relationship between ALONE and our 3rd Party IT support Vendor.
- Oversee technical support queries from staff, support with trouble shooting, resolving and escalating where applicable to our 3rd Party IT support Vendor
- Monitor our operational requirements, research strategies and technology solutions, to support the most cost-effective and efficient system to achieve ALONE’s goals.
- Have oversight of the organization’s current technology infrastructure.
- Negotiate with suppliers and other vendors for the company’s technology equipment and supplies, ensuring best price, service and support for the technology used by ALONE
- Be responsible for ALONE’s IT security to limit risk of data loss and equipment damage
- Responsible for ensuring that all members of the organization know how to use technology responsibly and provide training where required on best practice
- Train staff members about ALONE’s IT and orienting new employees
- Tracking and reporting on all ICT infrastructure assets including end of life tagging for all ICT assets and audits of ICT assets to assist annual budgeting
- Under the guidance of the Head of Operations the ideal person will through innovation & research, develop, pilot and introduce new systems, technology to provide new services, improve efficiency or expand the organisation’s performance.
- Be a key member in the development and growth of IT department and ALONE’s Intermediary role.
- To undertake other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
Experience and Skills required:
- Third level degree or equivalent in a Technology related area.
- Project Management training or experience an advantage
- 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience, working in an SME with similar Technological requirements is desirable.
- Skills and experience with CRM systems (Salesforce), document management systems (SharePoint or other), Microsoft server, Exchange, Microsoft Office 365 is desirable.
- Excellent communications, presentation, training, report writing and problem-solving skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Part-Time position up to 21 Hours per week (Flexible Working Arrangements is available)
- Position located in ALONE, Olympic House, Pleasant Street, Dublin 8 but occasional travel around Ireland will be required.
- The salary scale offered for this position will be €35,000 – €40,000 (FTE) depending on experience with an excellent working environment
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about this role and working with ALONE, your salary expectations and your availability to email@example.com.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.