Support Coordinator Panel – ALONE Services, Nationwide
ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are experiencing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long term solutions.
ALONE are looking to create a panel for a number of Full and Part Time Support Coordinators positions in CHO 8, CHO 5, CHO 6/7 to be filled in early 2020. You will hold responsibility for managing a comprehensive caseload to support and advocate for services for older people in and across all care settings, to enable and empower older people to age well at home. This role will focus on ALONE’s Coordinated Support, Support and Befriending, Social Prescribing, Shared Living, and Housing with Support Services and Volunteer recruitment, training and support. Much of the time is spent outside the office, as the majority of this job is mobile working, and planning your own days.
- Manage and lead the response to complex cases including, but not limited to, issues regarding emotional wellbeing, housing issues, health difficulties and vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
- Carry out a comprehensive assessment with older people to ensure that all aspects of the older person’s circumstances are supported and that any risks are mitigated.
- Support recruitment, training and support volunteers, volunteer leaders to work safely and to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with older people availing of our services.
- Maintain necessary confidentiality relating to the work of the service and regarding older people, staff and partner organisations and in line with guidance in the use of the ALONE Management Information System (MIS) and data protection policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain referral pathways to ALONE’s Coordinated Support, Support and Befriending and Social Prescribing services.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
Skills and Background
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals and groups, is essential.
- Previous experience in social care settings is desirable.
- Good computer literacy, with experience of using case management systems is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills, report writing, solution focused skills and multi-tasking skills are desirable.
General Requirements for all ALONE staff:
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date and make these available upon request.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all Quality Management System documents. Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing information as appropriate.
Our core values are Compassion, Effectiveness, Innovation and Honesty.
- Initially 1 Year Contract
- Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in Dublin 8.
- The salary scale offered for this position is €27,000 to €34,000 depending on experience with an excellent working environment.
- Regular travel and remote working is required with this role with flexible working arrangements to facilitate this.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with ALONE, the role and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications will be 24th January 2020.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.