ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long term solutions.
You will report directly to The Operations Manager at ALONE.
All staff within ALONE are expected to adhere to the legislation, standards, policies and procedures that apply to ALONE.
Essential Skills & Experience
Impact and Evaluation
- Lead the expansion of ALONEs impact measurement framework.
- Develop and manage data collection systems.
- Collate and analysing quantitative and qualitative datasets in accordance with GDPR requirements.
- Developing performance evaluations, national monitoring data, project evaluation data, and local evaluation data.
- Develop and monitor a set of performance measures using national-level (and international where applicable) sectoral data.
- Develop a set of Key Performance Indicator (KPI), build KPI quarterly reports and produce analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Lead and manage the process of building the evaluation capacity and capabilities throughout the ALONE network.
- Plan and manage multiple simultaneous evaluation projects including systemic monitoring, as well as in depth project and local level evaluations across, formative, process, impact and outcome stages.
Research and Policy Development
- Provide support in the development of a research strategy for the aged sector engaging with key organisations operating within the sector.
- Ensure that findings from research and evaluations are used to develop better solutions to the challenges of the aged sector.
Any other duties as directed by the Head of Operations or CEO.
Essential skills & experience
The successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of developing and implementing evaluation and monitoring systems
- Qualification at Level 7 in Impact Measurement / Data Analytics / Social Analysis or similar discipline or 3 years’ experience at leadership level
- Demonstrated experience in training and development
- Good knowledge and understanding of Social Policy in Ireland and knowledge of the Irish aged sector
- Proven effective people, and relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships both inside and outside the organisation.
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of MS Office suite especially word, PowerPoint and excel.
- A capable and comfortable aptitude of managing a busy workload, prioritise tasks effectively and meeting tight deadlines
- Must be organised and flexible
- An ability to work on own initiative, and of multi-tasking and delivering across a range of tasks and duties
The position is an initial 2-year fixed term contract. We work a 35-hour week. The position will require some travel. The salary scale offered for this position will depend on skills and experience.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 24th November 2021.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.