Volunteers in ALONE
Volunteers play a vital and active role in all of ALONE’s services and are involved in every level of the organisation. All ALONE volunteers are trained and receive ongoing support from ALONE’s staff and experienced mentors.
Select any of the roles below to see more information, including responsibilities and tasks. For further information, please contact us.
Process for applying
- Volunteer makes expression of interest. You will then placed on an application list until next available round of recruitment. An invitation to an Information Training session will then be sent out. Attendance is required to continue to the next round.
- Attendance at Information Training session. This will include a short presentation about ALONE and the Befriending role. The session will conclude with 1 to 1 interviews held by ALONE staff.
- Volunteer Application Pack and invitation to Core Training session sent. The Volunteer Application form and Garda vetting form should be completed by closing date. This must be accompanied by copies of two forms of identification (one photographic, one proof of address). This is a compulsory requirement for the Garda vetting application.
- Attendance at Core Training session.
- Volunteer agreement and data processing form signed.
- References checked.
- Garda vetting application completed with Bureau. Once all paperwork is completed, you will be informed that you are ready to begin your role.
- Begin role.
We would ask that all our volunteers can commit to at least 1 year. This commitment gives the volunteer the opportunity to have a meaningful experience while ensuring continuity of service for older people.