This role will manage the Quality Management System (“QMS”) and Compliance within ALONE, making sure all quality and compliance standards are maintained throughout the organisation. To ensure continuous improvement processes are in place and implemented within all areas of ALONE.
ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long term solutions.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager at ALONE
- Managing the QMS within alone and maintain ISO 9001:2015 certification
- Managing compliance with the Charities Regulator Governance Code
- Producing a Quality & Compliance Action plan annually
- Continuously improving and embedding quality policies & procedures within the organisation
- Reviewing, enhancing and maintaining quality controls and documentation
- Producing, updating and delivering quality & compliance training for all staff
- Managing and conducting internal audits according to an annual schedule
- Facilitating external audits – liaising with external auditors and staff at all levels of ALONE
- Providing oversight (and assistance when necessary) of regulatory reporting undertaken by other departments
- Within the QMS – measuring performance and identifying areas of weakness – recommending improvements & tracking action plans to completion
- Driving stakeholder feedback processes, ensuring resulting action plans are implemented as part of ALONE’s continuous improvement
- Overseeing all reported accidents and incidents to ensure organisation wide learning and implementation of resulting actions
- Acting as Data Protection Coordinator within the organisation, ensuring GDPR compliance across the organisation
- Supporting colleagues in other departments as they develop, review and maintain policies & procedures – keeping quality and compliance front of mind for colleagues as they do this
- Providing practical recommendations relevant to ALONE to colleagues
- Leading and supporting other staff at all levels of ALONE as they carry out their responsibilities – with quality and compliance in mind
- Preparing regular reports for the Leadership Team and Board of Trustees
- Ensure the Trustees Handbook is up to date and manage Board of Trustee details on ALONE’s CRM system
- Any other duties within the general requirements of the above that may be assigned
Essential skills & experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Prior experience in a control function, such as Quality, Compliance or Audit;
- Ability to read and understand complex regulations, standards, policies and procedures and then distil the requirements in order to provide practical and relevant advice and guidance to the organisation;
- The ability to problem solve and also implement (or assist in the implementation of) the solution;
- Strong attention to detail –for example, implementing quality standards in the organisation, conducting internal audits, reviewing existing policies, procedures and documentation, providing advice and guidance on the implementation of quality standards & compliance with regulations, report writing, etc.;
- The ability to influence discussions to ensure quality & compliance is incorporated into decision-making;
- Excellent communication skills as they will be providing regular training, presentations, reports and drafting policies, procedures, etc. and colleagues will be reliant on the information being clear and concise;
- Strong organisation skills as they will be managing a number of quality control processes and procedures across the organisation simultaneously;
- excellent knowledge of quality control procedures, and
- be comfortable using MS Office and other similar applications.
The position is an initial 12-month fixed term contract. We work a 35-hour week. Place of work is ALONE Head office, Olympic House, Pleasant’s Street, Dublin 8 with some flexibility to work remotely. The position may require some travel in the Republic of Ireland.
- This is a 2 year fixed term contract.
- Full-time, 35-hour work-week
- 24 Days annual leave, increase to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
- Hybrid working may be a possibility
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Travel Saver Schemes
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid maternity & Paternity leave – after 1 years’ service.
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- Progression Opportunities.
- The full-time salary scale offered for this position is €27,000 to €32,000 (depending on experience).
- Applicants that are successful to the interview stage but are not offered a position may be placed on a reserve panel and their CV’s will be kept on file.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.