ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long term solutions.
This is a new role and will involve working as part of the Housing Development Unit within the Housing Department of ALONE. The role will support the organisation to deliver on its ambitious target to develop the Housing with Supports (HwS) model of housing in Ireland. Working with the Head of Innovation and Enterprise, the role will act as an ambassador for ALONE Housing with key stakeholders such as Local authorities, the HSE and Developers to secure HwS Schemes for the ALONE development pipeline. ALONE are planning to develop over 320 HwS units over the next 4 years.
You will report directly to the Head of Innovation and Enterprise in ALONE.
- Support the Head of Innovation and Enterprise in the roll out of the ALONE’s Technology Strategy
- Lead the Project Management on all areas of the Technology project across our multiple stakeholders – Planning the project/Scheduling and designation of project tasks to team members/Execution of each phase of the project.
- To identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of projects and work to identify and implement potential solutions
- Develop and action the reporting and feedback to all stakeholders with relevant Project KPI’s
- As part of a team, promote ALONE’s HwS approach to Tech Engagement internally and external
- Act as a Champion to advance the use of Technology to support Older people throughout Ireland
- Engage with subject matter specialist to ensure project delivery
- Collaborate with other departments and service managers to ensure delivery to meet objectives
- Ensure that all potential partnerships and projects are aligned to ALONE’s goals as identified in the Strategic Plan and be responsible for the delivery of goals as agreed
- Support in the rollout and delivery of other ALONE Projects as required.
Essential skills & experience
- Qualification in a Project management
- Experience in Project Managing of large value projects with multiple deliverables and stakeholders
- Previous experience in project management of in the Technology space and understanding of the language / process mapping for this type of project
- An interest in the development and understanding of Technology
- Experience in business development or change management
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals and groups, within ALONE and externally
- Understanding of the Not for Profit sector would be beneficial
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect
- The ability to multi-task, problem solve and respond positively to a changing and growing environment
- Excellent computer literacy
- Excellent Organisational skills, report writing and managing meetings
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
- Work with line management structure to provide clear communication and strategic direction
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems.
Our core values are Compassionate, Honest, Innovative, Effective
- The position is an initial 2-year fixed term contract. W
- We work a 35-hour week.
- The position will require some travel. T
- The salary scale offered for this position will depend on skills and experience.
- This position will be located in ALONE Head Office – Olympic House, Pleasants Street, Dublin 8
- Full-time, 35-hour work-week
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- 24 Days annual leave, increase to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
- Pension Scheme- after 12 months service
- Death in Service – after 6 months’ probation successfully completed.
- Travel Saver Schemes
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid maternity & Paternity leave – after 18 months service
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- Mileage Policy in place for applicable roles
- Progression Opportunities
- Sick Pay scheme – after 6 months’ probation successfully completed.
- Horizontal transfer policy.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.