ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, support and befriending, housing with support, and the application of assistive technology. We have a network of staff and more than 3,000 volunteers across the country We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO, the Charities Regulator and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
We are now recruiting for Support Coordinators for HSE Community Healthcare Organisations Nationwide to include the below CH0 and CHN areas below.
This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join one of the most important charities in Ireland in a period when the need for our services has never been greater. By participating, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to positively influence the lives of many older people in Ireland.
This full time role involves working as a Projects Officer for ALONE’s Hi Digital Programme which has been funded by the Vodafone Foundation. This role involves supporting a Train the Trainer Digital Skills Programme across Ireland to both organisations and volunteers to help them support older people improve their digital skills. This will be done through both in-person and virtual training workshops.
The Projects Officer will coordinate all the workshops, onboard all stakeholders and develop an outreach plan to drive the growth of the programme.
The Projects Officer will report directly to the National Relationships & Development Manager
- Coordinate in-person workshops nationwide and online workshops to organisations supporting older people and volunteers
- Promote ALONE’s Hi Digital classes to other organisations nationwide.
- Collate the feedback from all sessions
- Gathering photos, videos and case studies from organisations and volunteers for communications to ensure the impact of the project is publicised
- Record feedback and learning from participants
- Compile reports for all stakeholders.
- Continue to support organisations participating post-workshops and continuously seek out opportunities to enhance the programme
- Contacting third parties/vendors for the suitable location of in-person workshops
- Contact community organisations across Ireland who will participate in workshops
- Conduct presentations on the Hi Digital Programme with a range of stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Essential skills & experience
- Educated to degree level and relevant experience
- Some training experience desirable but not essential
- Self-motivated, outgoing people person
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level of communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network effectively with individuals and groups within ALONE and external to ALONE is essential
- Good computer literacy required.
- Excellent organisational skills are desirable with experience of CRM such as Salesforce beneficial.
- Interest in digital skills and learning would be beneficial
- Understanding of the not for profit sector would be beneficial.
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems.
- This role is 35 hours per week
- This is a 2 year fixed term contract – Initially
- Core hours are generally Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00 but you may be required to work outside of those hours i.e. evenings or weekends on occasion to meet the needs of the service
- Regular travel and remote working is required with this role with adaptable working arrangements available to facilitate this flexibility.
- A Full Drivers licence and access to a car is essential.
- Remote Induction and training on commencement in role.
- The salary scale offered for this position is €28,000 to €34,000, depending on experience.
- Full-time, 35-hour work-week
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- 24 Days annual leave, increase to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
- Pension Scheme- after 12 months service
- Death in Service – after 6 months’ probation successfully completed.
- Travel Saver Schemes
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid maternity & Paternity leave – after 18 months service
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- Mileage Policy in place for applicable roles
- Progression Opportunities
- Sick Pay scheme – after 6 months’ probation successfully completed.
- Horizontal transfer policy.
Our core values are Compassionate, Honest, Innovative, Effective
ALONE are an equal opportunities employer.