ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long term solutions.
This is a new role and will involve working as part of the Housing Development Unit with the Innovation and Entreprise Function in ALONE. The role will support the organisation to deliver on its ambitious target to develop the Housing with Supports (HwS) model of housing in Ireland. The role will act as a conduit for ALONE with key stakeholders such as the HSE, Local Authories and Developers to secure HwS Schemes for the ALONE development pipeline.
You will report directly to the Head of Innovation and Enterprise in ALONE.
- Support the Head of Innovation and Enterprise in the roll out of the ALONE’s strategic goal to develop HwS schemes for older people around Ireland
- As part of a team, manage ALONE’s HwS partnerships with all potential developers and stakeholders and support the development of the HwS products offerings
- Review the commercial environment and undertake relevant research and mapping required to build business case for housing schemes with support
- Assist in identifying potential development and partnership opportunities in order to secure schemes throughout Ireland and explore opportunities for partnerships with other housing providers (AHBs) to secure HwS schemes
- Develop and maintain strong relations with senior staff within the HSE, Local Authorities and private developers
- Preparation and presentation of documents and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that all potential partnerships and projects are aligned to ALONE’s goals as identified in the Strategic Plan and be responsible for the delivery of goals as agreed
- Lead the projects that are secured in the delivery of HwS pipeline
- Collaborate with other departments and service managers to ensure that all projects and schemes are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- To identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of projects and work to identify and implement potential solutions
- Work with the Head of Innovation and Enterprise to secure Shared Services (SSM) MOUs with LA’s and other AHB’s
- Assist the Head of Innovation and Enterprise in developing a suite of promotional material for both Housing with Supports (HwS) and the SSM
- Any other tasks as required
Essential skills & experience
- Qualified Project Manager
- Experience working in construction sector
- Previous experience in project management of Construction projects
- Experience in business development / change management
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals and groups, within ALONE and externally
- Understanding of the Not for Profit sector would be beneficial
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect
- The ability to multi-task, problem solve and respond positively to a changing and growing environment
- Excellent computer literacy
- Excellent Organisational skills, report writing and managing meetings
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
- Work with line management structure to provide clear communication and strategic direction
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems.
- The position is an initial 2-year fixed term contract.
- We work a 35-hour week.
- The position will require some travel.
- The salary scale offered for this position will depend on skills and experience.
- This position will be located in ALONE headoffice – Olympic House, Pleasants Street, Dublin 8
- Full-time, 35-hour work-week
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- 24 Days annual leave, increase to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
- Pension Scheme- after 12 months service
- Death in Service – after 6 months’ probation successfully completed.
- Travel Saver Schemes
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid maternity & Paternity leave – after 18 months service
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- Mileage Policy in place for applicable roles
- Progression Opportunities
- Sick Pay scheme – after 6 months’ probation successfully completed.
- Horizontal transfer policy.
Our core values are Compassionate, Honest, Innovative, Effective
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.