ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, support and befriending, housing with support, and the application of assistive technology. We have a network of staff and more than 3,000 volunteers across the country We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO, the Charities Regulator and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
We are now recruiting for Support Coordinators for HSE Community Healthcare Organisations Nationwide to include the below CH0 and CHN areas below.
This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join one of the most important charities in Ireland in a period when the need for our services has never been greater. By participating, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to positively influence the lives of many older people in Ireland.
Support Coordinators provide practical support and coordinate services for and with older people to address challenges and to find solutions. An integral part of the Support Coordination role is to help resolve financial and pension difficulties, support engagement with local events and activities, access housing grants and adaptations, navigate the healthcare system, access housing and tenancy support, and resolve any other challenges that may arise. ALONE Support Coordinators act as a main point of contact to enable older people to access the supports and services they need. Support Coordinators are required to work both in person and remotely with older people to ensure their needs are being met and they are receiving quality care and advice.
Your time will be divided between remote working and working in the community with the older person and external services.
You will report directly to the Head of Services in ALONE.
- Manage and lead the response to older people including, but not limited to, issues regarding emotional wellbeing, housing issues, welfare allowances, health difficulties and vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
- Carry out assessments (in person or by phone) with older people to ensure that all aspects of the older person’s needs are identified, supported and resolved and that any risks are mitigated.
- Advocate for the needs of Older People across a range of health, social care and welfare services.
- Build strong referral relationships with statutory and non-statutory agencies across your CHO area.
- Adhere to all policy and procedures outlined in ALONE’s Quality management systems
- distribute, install and respond to technology to benefit the older people they are working with older persons on new technology that promotes health and safety within their home and also their overall wellbeing.
- Help meet the targets and goals of our services and meet the lead time for the delivery of services.
- Provide regular, consistent & comprehensive reporting regarding developments, gaps or blocks in to the Service Manager
- Develop and maintain referral pathways to ALONE’s Support Coordination services.
- Develop and engage with care and case management systems.
- You will be required to engage in comprehensive recording keeping on ALONE’s CRM database.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
Essential skills & experience
- Candidates must demonstrate a keen interest in working with older people and be committed to ALONE’s mission.
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals, groups and stakeholders, is essential.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Candidates with a Diploma, Certificate, or Degree in relevant areas of community, social care or related fields, is desirable but not essential.
- Good computer literacy, with experience of using case management systems is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills, report writing, solution focused skills and multi-tasking skills are desirable.
- Excellent active listening skills
- A passion for providing a high quality of service
- Must have full clean driving licence and own transport.
- This role is 35 hours per week
- This is a 2 year fixed term contract.
- Core hours are generally Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00 but you may be required to work outside of those hours i.e. evenings or weekends on occasion to meet the needs of the service.
- Regular travel and remote working is required with this role
- This role will involve developing services across your area.
- Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
- The salary scale offered for this position is €27,000 to €34,000, depending on experience.
- Full clean drivers licence and use of a car is required.
- Applicants that are successful to the interview stage but are not offered a position may be placed on a reserve panel and their CV’s will be kept on file.
- Full-time, 35-hour work-week
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- 24 Days annual leave, increase to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
- Pension Scheme- after 12 months service
- Death in Service – after 6 months’ probation successfully completed.
- Travel Saver Schemes
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid maternity & Paternity leave – after 18 months service
- Comprehensive Training & Development
- Mileage Policy in place for applicable roles
- Progression Opportunities
- Sick Pay scheme – after 6 months’ probation successfully completed.
- Horizontal transfer policy.
Alone is an equal opportunities employer